NEW LONG STAY PREMIUM VISA: STAY SAFE IN MAURITIUS
Mauritius emerged confidently from the COVID-19 pandemic and the World Travel and Tourism Council recognises Mauritius as a safe destination. In line with this, the Mauritian Government has confirmed a new Visa Scheme, called the Premium Visa, which aims to attract several categories of foreign nationals including those who had planned to visit Mauritius before the pandemic or even retirees threatened by COVID-19 in their country of residence.
Professionals and investors who wish to come with their families and work remotely will also be eligible. Same applies for parents whose children study in Mauritius.
- This new visa scheme announced by the Mauritian Government is issued for a period of one year and is renewable thereafter.
- The Premium Visa provides a remarkable opportunity for those who would prefer to experience Mauritius first-hand before permanently emigrating.
- Repeat tourists who had planned to retire and/or migrate in Mauritius before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Retirees in countries where COVID-19 is putting them at risk and would prefer to ride out the pandemic in a safe destination.
- Investors/professionals willing to come with their family while running their business remotely or offering their staff this facility.
- Those with children studying in Mauritius.
In order to qualify for the Premium Visa, the visitors must have proof of their long stay plans and sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of stay.
The following criteria should also be met:
- Applicants should not enter the Mauritius Labour Market.
- The main place of business and source of income and profits should be outside Mauritius.
- Documentary evidence to support application such as purpose of visit, accommodation etc.
- General immigration requirements.
More detailed information on the application procedure, approval process and eligibility of Premium Visa Holders to open bank accounts in Mauritius will be available soon.